Title: Lean on Jesus.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 KJV
Devotion: Life often feels heavy with burdens, worries, and disappointments. Yet Jesus gives us a timeless invitation: “Come to me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). This is not just a call to pause, but a promise of deep, soul-refreshing peace.
Why Lean on Jesus?
- Unfailing Rest: Unlike the temporary relief the world offers, Christ’s rest is lasting. He carries the weight we cannot bear.
- Faithful Friend: People may fail us, but Jesus never disappoints. “I will never leave you nor forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5).
- Strength in Weakness: When we feel weak, His grace sustains us. “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
Leaning on Jesus means surrendering our struggles and trusting His promises. He is the anchor in storms, the healer of broken hearts, and the only One who can truly satisfy the soul. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7).
I invite you to accept Christ as your lord and saviour today so that this trusted friend can help you carry your burden. You may be rich but there's no human who does not have one burden or another. Tomorrow maybe too late please accept this invitation now. God bless you as you do. 2 Cor. 6:2.
Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I bring my burdens to You today. Teach me to rest in Your love, trust in Your promises, and lean on You in every season of life. Amen.
Share your thoughts here, please feel free to share this with your contacts. ©Dr Joel Olanrewaju gbemide09@gmail.com.
Comments
Post a Comment